Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Don't Want to be Outnumbered

So my latest pastime has been barfing or gagging or dealing with a constant state of nausea or lamenting about either one of those activities and probably annoying my friends, husband and parents and of course depriving little Jack of an energetic, fun-filled mom (not that I ever claimed those things to be 100% sufficient before).

So that's probably why I haven't been posting lately, and I'm sure all of you are just devastated by my lack of prose for your reading pleasure. Also, if you didn't get the idea before, I'm preggo too. Yep, knocked up, with child and experiencing, you have my word, my last and most life disrupting preganancy that will come to a conclusion right around Jack's 3rd birthday, July 20th or so.

I know I've gotten the, "But it's all worth it in the end." and the "Don't say your done until it's over." But really, I love Jack, I already love my unborn baby, however, I'm not a masochist and I don't see myself going through this again. My pregnancy with Jack was happily uneventful. I believe I was nauseous for about a week, I had a cold that knocked me out but really, lying on the couch unable to work and watching tv for a week with the dog, was nothing like having a toddler, lying on the couch and being jumped on and yelled at to "Wun, wun."

Plus, as stated in my title, as discussed with my friend Melissa, Dan's old co-worker Steve and others, I don't want to be outnumbered. One kid per one adult seems to be more than enough, especially considering how much time and energy my 2 1/2 year old can drain out of me, even on a non-pregnant day.

So here we are, hopefully back on the writing wagon, because I've missed it, I'm feeling a little bit better and well, I'm working a lot and have a tad bit of freetime in front of a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment